Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Day the Music Died

I found this great article on Houzz titled, "8 Lessons on Renovating a House from Someone Who's Living It" and it made me giggle.

I especially liked #1 on her list, especially the "on fire" part.
1. Whatever your relationship is like now is exactly what your project will be like. Except you will both be on fire. 

If you communicate calmly and kindly while you are in flames, you’ll be fine. 
Not you? Then can you endure the extended stress of seeing about 12 times more of your partner’s least-lovable self?



Can I get an amen?

Good thing the Yankee can function just fine with both legs set on fire. Me?  I can only just go take a nap and hope the tingling subsides.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again, thank god for the Yankee.

And Marlo. She loves power tools. WTF?

And truth to this!  Here's her #6 on the list
6. There will be one project that goes on for so long you actually forget there was a time in your life when you were not mired in an epic quest to find the perfect tile.

Our hallway bathroom remodel took at least three times longer than it should have. If there is a better way to make my husband insane, I do not know what it is.  It made him insane that he could not force me to pick a tile, a sink, a toilet, anything. I was so fixated on every detail that I was utterly unable to conceive of a time when I might not view the choice between polished chrome and polished nickel as a matter of life and death.

Any wise words of wisdom from any renovators out there?

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate to that last part - though instead of home renovating, I can't remember a time when I didn't have to research a baby product...we are very similar...we obsess and have to know EVERY possible option before reaching a decision. It's both a blessing and curse...I think.

    ReplyDelete