Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Renovation Resolution #4

To help gain some sanity during this renovation, I have come up with a few sane renovation resolutions to help me manage the anxiety, the unknown, the mess and the stress that comes with having your home upended.

I've already revealed three sane renovation resolutions and here they are in a list form since I LOVE LISTS!

1.  Don't let perfect be the enemy of the done
2.  Fail to plan, plan to fail
3.  Unlock the door

Resolution #4 is a very important resolution but not for getting things done - its more about how you get things done.
Sane Renovation Resolution #4:
Don't delegate then micromanage

Sidenote: that resolution would make an amazeballs subversive crossstitch.

Anyway, this is for those of us who are bossy project managers or live/renovate with bossy project managers!  I speak for myself when I say I can be very bossy McBosserson and I tell someone to do something then get all up in their business about how to do it which totally defeats the purpose.  This resolution reminds me to knock it off, otherwise you'll drive each other crazy.  Do not underestimate the amount of stress involved in a renovation and you just can't bring your personalities to the mix.

Hope that helps!  How do you manage during a renovation?  Do you have any ideas for a subversive crossstitch?

No comments:

Post a Comment