Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Renovation Resolution #3

To help gain some sanity during this renovation, I have come up with a few sane renovation resolutions to help me manage the anxiety, the unknown, the mess and the stress that comes with having your home upended.

I've already revealed some of my rules for a sane renovation here and also here.   This resolution is inspired from a line from my most favorite book of all time Little Women which I have referenced before in my series Creating Home.

I've got the key to my castle in the air, but whether I can unlock the door remains to be seen. ― Louisa May AlcottLittle Women

This beautiful little thought inspired the resolution to:

Unlock the door

I find this quote is a reminder to me that even though one may hold the key to something - possession doesn't grant gratitude, and ownership doesn't mean security.  You must take the extra step, you must unlock the door to appreciate what you have, no matter in what state it appears.  

No comments:

Post a Comment